Let’s face it, we are not getting younger. Your skin faces harsh conditions like: hard water, makeup, sun, to bad nutrition, you’re bound to have aging skin faster than the same woman your age. So why not slow down the process of aging by following simple steps to looking younger and improving the elasticity of your skin?
1) WATER, WATER WATER: we hear it on tv, we hear it from fitness gurus, in books/magazines; make it a healthy daily habit – 8 -10 glasses/day will do your skin good. Water nourishes our cells and revives dull skin so start drinking from the fountain of youth.
2) AVOIDING the SUN is hard. Protect yourself with the right sunscreen. Going outside on a nice hot sunny day without protection allows your skin to form wrinkles and shows signs of aging quicker than a girl who uses sunscreen everyday!
3) MOISTURIZE: Not only should a woman moisturize her face every night but the neck as well! The number of women I know that don’t moisturize their neck is alarming. Our age shows more with our neck so make sure to add this to your nightly routine; generously apply a night cream to your face and neck.
4) EASY ON THE FOUNDATION: Thick & heavy foundation sets in our wrinkles and fine lines and makes them more visible, any girl that falls for this ends up putting 5 years on her face. Avoid using heavy-based or matte foundations and go for shear light liquid foundations or BB creams. Remember you don’t need to cover your entire face with foundation; just on any discoloration and BLEND BLEND BLEND.
5) DON’T CONCEAL TOO MUCH: I find girls tend to go overboard with concealers, and yes you’re supposed to go 2 shades lighter than your foundation and/or skin color, but you be the judge on the right shade for your face. Do not put a whole lot under your eye at once; you need to dab a little under the eye IF NEEDED, and blend before adding more.
Drink Up Ladies <3